Now that the Kids are "Back to School" and the evenings are closing in, what better way to pass the gloomy evenins by trying out soem tasty new receipes for the whole family.
Below is our Banana & Walnut Bread receipe using most products you can buy in our health stores at Molloys Lifestyle Pharmacy.
What you need:
- 250g/8oz BeneVits Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter
- 125g/4oz Brown Sugar
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 80g packet BeneVits Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease and base line a loaf tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, mashed banana and vanilla essence into a bowl and beat well.
- Add the flour and stir into the mixture. Remove about 2 tablespoon of chopped walnuts from the packet for the top of the loaf and keep aside and mix remainder into the mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, scatter the remaining walnuts on top and bake in a central oven position for about 50 minutes until well risen and a knife gently pressed into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in tin for about 10 minutes then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
Add Raspberry Jam & Whipped Cream for a delightful evening treat!
Please share your Banana & Walnut Bread creations with Molloys through our online platforms.